Who’s on Team Hungry always? This girl! If you love big portions but don’t want the excess calories, pump up your food with volume. Enter the mighty cauliflower! By substituting cauliflower for rice, you get a filling, nutritious, high fiber, and super delicious meal. By using frozen veggies that you may already have in your freezer, this meal is also very economical. Cauliflower fried rice is my go-to!
1 large cauliflower, riced
1 cup kimchi, chopped
1 cup thawed frozen corn
1 cup thawed frozen peas
1 cup carrots, diced
4 eggs, scrambled & cooked
Add any cooked protein of choice
½ onion, diced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking oil of choice
3 thai chilis (optional)
1. Bring a large skillet or wok to medium high heat. Add oil.
2. Sauté onions, garlic, ginger, chilis until fragrant.
3. Add riced cauliflower, carrots, peas, corn, kimchi and sauté until cooked through, approx. 8-10 mins.
4. Add in cooked protein of choice & cooked scrambled eggs last.
5. Mix thoroughly. Serve with sliced scallions.